March Maniacs

Here are some scenes from March:

The kids built a play area for Lana, our hamster. I love their creativity, but having it in the family room day after day is a test for me:




The kids helped me paint a bench for the front porch. Jeremy helped put it together:






Amy came to us one night and showed us her "toe family." There's a dad, mom, brother, sister, and dog. She said she was inspired by something on Zach and Cody:


I basically worship bread. Eating it, making it--it's all good. This loaf is the first 100% whole wheat bread I've made that the kids raved about. It's a permanent part of our lives now. And it's very easy. If you follow Everyday Food Storage (button on left sidebar), you may have seen the post on this. The secret is gluten, vinegar, and potato flakes. I was just about to buy some expensive dough conditioner when I found out you can add those things and it makes your whole wheat very happy!


Anna likes to sit in some weird ways when practicing piano. Here's one. Don't tell her piano teacher!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

I think the toe family is from iCarly because Ethan did the same thing one day. Thanks for the tip on the bread. I HAVE to check that recipe out. Hey, I'm looking at your Brit Lit Chick Flick list and wanted to let you know I caught a new version of Tess on Masterpiece Classics the other night. So good! This week is Wuthering Heights and they have a whole series of new Charles Dickens coming that looks awesome!!

Christina said...

As always...love the pics and the fun comments. It seems like you guys were productive on your vacation. Makes me feel like a potato...but a really good one with all the fixins. Yeah I'm hungry.

Alison said...

What fun projects you guys have been up to lately! I love it!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates