Great Taste 2008

On Saturday Dan and I went to the "Great Taste," a fundraiser for the police and firefighters where you pay $20 and eat samples from various restaurants in the area. Of course the only reason we went was to support those who provide for our safety, not because of the delicious food or anything. I forgot my camera, but Dan took a couple of pictures of me eating with his phone, but I didn't even bother to look at them because eating pictures are never good. So I scanned the list of participating restaurants and the foods they offered. (It's pretty blurry, just click it to see it better.) I was so disappointed in the capacity of my stomach! I envisioned myself trying it all, but after about six places I felt like another bite would result in throwing up! Dan and I took a little break after that to digest, and then tried a few more places, where I could only take a few bits from each. I circled the foods we tried, and the others will just have to remain a mystery. If we do this again, next time I will prioritize, because I definitely could have done without Sizzler! I would have liked to have tried the sushi and oysters, but I knew if I tried those on a full stomach, it would not be good!! My favorites were Mi Tortilla's cheese enchilada, Mimi's artichoke dip, Super Suppers' artichoke dip, and BJ's mini pizookie.

4 comments:

Susan said...

That sounds pretty cool. I wish our firefighters and police would muster something like that up. They fund raise on the corners at the intersections and do, "fill the boot." The artichoke dips are always a hit for me when I go to a restaurant.

Lara said...

Shelley, I'm disappointed in the capacity of your stomach, too!

Hey, next time I want to come. I want to support the police and firefighters!

P.S. Love the song "Run" I just heard.

Lorena said...

Sounds very neat, yummy and what a cool fundraiser! Do you go to the restaurants or do they bring the yummy food to a designated location?
ps I LOVE MI TORTILLA! :-)

Christina said...

Yeah, I'm with Lara...I want to support them too. Napa 29 is a super expensive fancy restaurant. Did you like the food? I think we will have to stretch your stomach next time before you go by going out and gorging a bit several nights in a row!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates