Friday Fill-ins and Pain


Thank goodness for these fill-ins or I might never post! I would mostly have complaints if I wrote about much, like the fact that in the last couple of months I have suffered from shoulder pain, back pain, neck pain, and foot pain (not all at once, the pain seems to like to crop up in a new place once one place gets better) that keeps me from doing things I need and want to do, and I'm getting really pissed!! Anyways, now that I've gotten that out . . .

1. Idle hands are grabbing for junk food too much.
2. I love exfoliating in the shower.
3. My favorite time of the day is when I go to bed at night.
4. The last tea I drank was ginger lemon. I really don't like tea that much, but some herbal teas are supposed to be really good for you (ginger is an anti-inflammatory, and boy do I need to fight that inflammation!)
5. I like to be air-conditioned in the Summer.
6. My mother always said "Don't mess with me--I'm on the rag."
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to sleep as I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night, tomorrow my plans include going to the "Great Taste"--you pay $20 and go around and sample foods from local restaurants, and Sunday, I want to figure out what's going on. I'd like to have my hubby's family over for dinner and celebrate an early Father's Day, but I don't know if I should because of my foot. Any thoughts, those of you who would be involved? Should we just do something on Father's Day, or this Sunday and Dan cooks and my house looks like a pigsty?

4 comments:

Christina said...

I am so sorry for your pains! That really stinks! I know that my mom's back arthritis became more evident when she had her hips replaced. That could explain the seemingly moving pain. Maybe it was always there. I have some percoset!

Susan said...

I think there is not greater pain then back and neck pain. Hope you you get feeling better or at least find some good meds.

Lara said...

Shelley, you sound miserable. Things can't be good if you're using the word "pissed," right? Well, I guess the whole Father's Day thing is resolved, but I'm not happy at all about waiting until August for book club. That is two whole months away, darnit! But I know it can't be helped. Anyway, do something about that pain. Maybe a massage or acupuncture?

Kim said...

I like #5 and #6. I agree that being air conditioned is the best way to enjoy summer and I think it would be fun to meet your mother if that is what she "always said".

Sorry about your pain. :(

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates