Delayed Reaction Post for American Idol

It's been a week since the American Idol finale, and usually by now I have wiped my memory of anything related to the past season's singers. There are some that I thought I would buy their album when it came out (Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, Bo Bice), but never have. (Kaylynn did by Carrie Underwood's, though). But this year I can't seem to forget David Archuleta. This is even though if I had to pick one favorite, it would have been David Cook, and David Cook sings the kind of music I typically like. But who am I looking up on youtube and playlist? Archuleta. Here's a couple of videos I found (maybe everyone has seen these, I tend to be a little out of it):





And I have a new playlist in honor of DA. At this point I am anxiously awaiting an album, but I may be over it by then!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the playlist. I've been enjoying it. I look forward to both David's cd's but I can't say that I'll actually buy either one when it comes right down to it. I tend to spend any extra money on books.

Lara said...

I LOVE everything about David Cook. David Archuletta is such a little boy. He does have a great singing voice, though, and what appears to be a refreshing humility about him.

Christina said...

What is the background on those videos? Do you know? I'm with you. I am much more obsessed with AI this year. I have even considered looking into going to the concert. As of yet I have not gone so far as to look into it.

Shelley said...

Christina,
The first one is at the Oakland Temple Visitor Center--it's not a great recording but I love the song. I'm assuming the second one is just in his home. If you decide to go to the concert, I'll go with you!

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing. He's such a cute boy. I went up to Murray, where he's from yesterday and they are really blowing up the fact that little Archie is from there. Signs and billboards everywhere.

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates