Our Elphie

Some of us were discussing Wicked yesterday, and some saw Idina Menzel cast as Elpheba, the one on the soundtrack. Our Elphie was Caissie Levy, and I thought she was awesome. I liked her voice even better than the soundtrack, but that may have been just because it is always better live.

This first one is Elpheba and Glinda fighting, and then Elpheba sings "No Good Deeds." This Glinda is different, though. We saw Megan Hilty.



And of course "Defying Gravity." Each time she sings, "You can't pull me down" or "No one is ever gonna bring me down," the excess prolactin in my system is activated and I become a big crybaby.



And just to throw another one in, here's a clip from a PBS Documentary that highlights Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth rehearsing "For Good."

3 comments:

Lara said...

How much do I love that? From one Wicked fan to another, thanks! I watched the 3rd video and I didn't cry, but I got goosebumps. I remember seeing Kristin Chenowith on the Rosie O'Donnell show way back in the day. I loved her then, and I still love her--what a talent! And Idina Menzel rocks! Let's go see Wicked again, okay?

Lorena said...

Loved Wicked!
One of my favorite musicals!!! We got to see Idina Menzel and it was a dream come true! Lara & Shelley:
Count me in for tickets to go see Wicked!
GIRLS NIGHT OUT BABY!!!!

Janell said...

Wow! We've wanted to see Wicked for a very long time. We're only 2 hours driving distance from Manhatten. Hopefully we can see it before we move back west. That was cool...thanks for sharing!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates