Crockpot Fantasies 3

Tonight's meal was more of a success! Dan and I really liked it, and Anna said it was better than the chicken (but refused to take more than two bites). It calls for a pork shoulder roast, which required me to go to the meat counter at the store for maybe the second time in my life. What the lady got for me had the word "butt" in it, so I'm a little confused because the butt can't be anywhere near the shoulder, can it? Well, whatever body part it entailed, it tasted good. I can't scan the recipe because our other computer has quit working, but it's pretty short (and easy!):

Pepper Pork Sandwiches

3 lb. pork shoulder roast
2 cans enchilada sauce (this is so annoying to me that they don't say what size!!! I used one big one.)
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
2 habanero chile peppers, seeded and diced (I used jalapenos)

1. Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 8 to 9 hours.
2. Remove pork, and shred with two forks. Return to cooker. Turn heat to high and cook 20 more minutes.
3. Serve on sandwich rolls and top with shredded cheese, if desired.

Makes 6 servings.


Mr. Thornton and Ms. Hale of North and South


I also must announce that I am now the proud owner of North and South, the best Brit-Lit-Chick-Flick to date. I got it just to share the joy with others, so if anyone is interested in watching it, let me know. I promised it to Lorena first, and then it's available to whomever. If you like it, I also recommend Wives and Daughters, another miniseries based on one of Elizabeth Gaskell's novels (It's available from Netflix, and I got the one I watched from the library). It's almost as good as N&S, and has an original ending love scene that was brilliant. I also got the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean (what a RUSH!!) and Living With Ghosts by Patty Griffin (six stars out of five). I know I'm spoiling myself, someone stop me!

5 comments:

Christina said...

The North and the South is a great movie. I remember it still from when it first released? I think! Isn't it fun to spoil yourself once in a while! The pork sounds good. Was it spicy?

Shelley said...

It wasn't very spicy, but I think if you want it spicier you use the habanero peppers.

Tiffani said...

I'm jealous you have North and South! I've been on the waiting list at the library for a couple of months now. I can hardly wait to watch it again. I'll have to try out Wives and Daughters sometime.

Anonymous said...

YES!:)Thanks Shelley, I can't wait to see North and South! When can I pick it up?

Lara said...

Joseph told me earlier this year that he watched Wives and Daughters with his mom and dad and liked it. He recommended it to me. Now that I've had TWO recs, I'll have to watch it. Maybe in Arizona. I'm very glad to hear that you're spoiling yourself. Look how many years you waited to do that! And if YOU don't do it for yourself, who will??

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates