Crockpot Fantasies 2

Just a note--if you click on the pictures, they get really, really big so you can read them better. Next time I will do it right and they won't be quite so huge, but easier to read.


This soup was just a basic chicken noodle soup--Anna progressed from saying dinner was "disgusting" to "interesting." It is one of those 3 hours recipes that makes me think, "Why do this in the crockpot?" Instead I would just buy a couple of cans of Healthy Choice soup.


First of all, I think they used a completely different bread for the picture. Mine turned out looking like a giant muffin. I did enjoy the novelty of putting a bowl in the crockpot. And I did use my food storage wheat and freshly ground it. As far as taste, I would say save the recipe to use with your stored wheat for when the terrorists launch chemical warfare and you have all your windows and doors duct-taped and there's not much else to eat.


I did the bread early enough that I had a free crockpot to do dessert. This was pretty good for being low-fat, low-calorie fare. The chocolate makes a pudding like sauce over the cake. I think it's worth a try if you have the ingredients on hand; however, I believe if you're going to have dessert you should just have the real thing--hmmmm, maybe that's why I'm overweight?????

6 comments:

Christina said...

Yeah!!! Food!!

Christina said...

Yeah!!! Food!!

Tiffani said...

That peanut butter cup cake looks delicious...it's making my mouth water!

Lara said...

Are you having as much fun as you thought you would?

Shelley said...

I have been loving it so far, and it's great to have dinner on the table each night--I'm not really good about that usually.

Susan said...

Shelly...your blog makes me hungry!!!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates