For Valentine's Day, we had a breakfast of heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. This is probably only the second or third time in my life as a mom that I did anything special on Valentine's Day:

After we ate breakfast, we had a conversation heart stacking game. The object was to see who could build the highest tower. It was harder than I thought it would be, and I don't think we came out with a clear winner, but everyone was pretty creative:

We have a new family show (sometimes part-family because some things aren't so great for Anna and Amy to watch)--Smallville. As usual we're way behind the times, but we've now watched all of Season 1 and part of Season 2. This is how we often find ourselves when we're watching something all together--crowded onto our one couch. There are usually some sort of fights about who sits where:

The kids helped to tie a quilt together for Amy's birthday. I was sick and could barely walk, let alone put a quilt together, but Amy's birthday was just around the corner so it couldn't wait. I'm so glad I had my helpers:

Amy celebrated her seventh birthday, and one of her gifts was wind chimes to paint. This was the first thing she did after school because she just couldn't wait any longer. She wanted to do it that morning, but there just wasn't time. Thank you, Aunt Lara!

For birthday dinners, the kids get to pick the main dish, vegetable, fruit, and drink. Amy picked hot dogs, tater tots, pears and grape soda for her dinner:

Cousin Alex falls asleep a few hours before Jeremy, and here he is in quite the uncomfortable position:

Jeremy and Alex decided they wanted to make a cake, from scratch, just before I was leaving for two hours to go help at the school. I had to show them how to separate eggs, grease the pan, etc. and then left in hopes that the house wouldn't burn down. They did good, though, and it tasted great. The decided to make the "White Fluffy Frosting" green, and do some excellent decorating:

3 comments:
All your pictures are awesome!
Alex falling sleep in uncomfortable position or places is not unusual! Sometimes Dave & I find him sleep in various weird places of the house. He falls sleep so early. Lol...he is mighty cute!!
I love the green cake!!
I don't think Alex got his cake-baking ability from his dad. Remember the earthquake cake?
I love seeing all these cute pictures from your month. I'm glad Amy liked her windchimes!
Shelley, how nice of your kids to help tie the quilt for you! How did the teddy bear picnic turn out? I hope Amy had a fun Birthday! Will you send me an email so I can have your email address? I went private on my blog and I want to invite you to be a reader. I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep this permament but in the meantime I don't want to block you! Thanks! :)
Post a Comment