Prince Caspian at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood

Click to play Prince Caspian
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


This was so much fun to do--thank you Dan for this wonderful Mother's Day gift! It was really neat watching the movie here because the audience was so energetic. Lots of cheers and stuff throughout the movie. This one seemed very different from the first so I can't even compare the two. Prince Caspian definitely had more laughs. I think it's challenging for the filmmakers to get the audience to swallow this world with talking animals and moving trees, but I think they did a pretty good job of it, although I thought the centaurs were a bit creepy. You have so much more control about these things when you're reading. Right now I'm reading a fantasy book with elves and dwarves in it , but when I picture it in my head, they all just look like regular people. Is that cheating? Anyways, with a movie, you can't get away with that. The guy who played the Dwarf Trumpkin was excellent, and the girl who plays Lucy reminded me so much of Amy that I loved her parts. I did not fall asleep, which I was worried about because it started so late at night, but I think I had about 3 diet pepsis that day, so I made it through! All in all, it was a great return to the magic of my childhood.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I am so glad you got to do that! It is a really fun experience and even better without kids to worry about in Hollywood!

Susan said...

You can't leave Hollywood w/o some gay lovin.

Lara said...

So much fun! Thank you for sharing that, Shelley!!

Lorena said...

How awesome!

Foster Family said...

Very cool that you got to go there and see this neat movie. Have a great weekend. Lisa

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates