
For Mutual last night, we were offered a bunch of free tickets (regular price $30.00 each) to the this family band Leahy play at the California Theatre in San Bernadino. Here's a little bit about them from their website:
Leahy (LAY-he): noun, verb, adjective.
A family. A musical group of brothers and sisters, a sound, a style of music, a way of life, a volcanic explosion of talent and energy, intense emotion, and feral passion.
Leahy is a Canadian powerhouse of eight musical brothers and sisters who have been playing together their entire lives. The band’s three acclaimed CDs—Leahy, Lakefield, and In All Things—have world-wide sales of over half a million copies.
There are 11 siblings (their mother is Scottish and their father Irish) who are a part of the band, but not all are always on tour at the same time. One of the siblings had just had her fifth baby! They can do everything--they all play all of the instruments and step dancing. It was totally awesome! All of the girls liked it too, which is saying a lot. Here's a sample of what they can do, although it's much better live. At the end, they all do the step dancing. (At the end of the performance last night, they all were playing fiddle and step dancing at the same time!)
4 comments:
Sounds awesome!
I would so love that! Cindy and I saw Michael Flatley and Lord of the Dance. That was one of the most exciting things I've ever seen! I LOVE the step dancing and fiddling!!!
That is awesome. And free makes it like a million times better! This past summer on America's Got Talent they had a family (I think Mormon) that did the same type of thing. I really liked them.
it was cool.
Post a Comment