The Latest Brit Lit Chick Flick: Emma

This is the second version of Emma I've seen, and although I prefered Kate Beckinsale as Emma more than Gwyneth Paltrow, I thought the other version with Gwyneth made in the same year was better overall. Here's scenes from both to compare:

Emma-with Kate



Emma-with Gwyneth



In both versions, Mr Knightley has hair issues! Anybody seen either one?

5 comments:

Lara said...

I tried watching the Paltrow version once, but just could not get into it. I didn't even finish it. Maybe it just wasn't my "season" for that movie.

Anonymous said...

I just don't know if I can watch Gwyneth Paltrow's version of Emma.
Somehow I only can picture Emma just like Kate Beckinsale.
Do you really think is was better than Kate's version? Is it worth give it a try?

Christina said...

I have only seen Paltrow version and liked it fine. Not my favorite Jane movie, but it's Jane so it has to have redeeming qualities.

Tiffani said...

I'm sad to say that I haven't seen either. I may have seen parts of the Paltrow version years ago, but I'm having a hard time remembering. I'll have to watch them both and let you know which I like better.

Shelley said...

Lorena,
I felt like the Kate version completely lacked any chemistry or romance between her and Mr. Knightley, that's why I liked the Gwyneth version better. If only Kate could've taken her place!
Christina,
I agree--it's not the best of Austen, but I'll take anything I can get!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates