Who needs toys when you have 4 barstools, 1 blanket, and 1 ball make out of duct tape? Anna and Amy made this up and we decided to call it "blanketball." I think Polly and Barbie felt a little neglected that day.



What non-toy ways have your kids amused themselves? (And if any of them involve entire boxes of kleenex or all of the unmatched socks from the laundry, I can empathize!)
4 comments:
Emily can amuse herself in any number of ways without toys. These ways are generally very messy, too! She LOVES Post-it notes! I hope (or maybe I don't) that Santa puts some of those in her stocking. And she didn't use kleenex today, but rather an entire roll of toilet paper during one of her "activities."
Jared's non-toy of preference is the bag of wipes. He loves to pull those out and do who knows what with them. Within the past few days, my boys have discovered the fun of breaking of styrofoam packaging and playing with that. Have you ever tried to clean up little tiny balls of styrofoam? I hope for your sake you haven't. I just finished helping the boys clean up another one of their non-toy adventures...getting all the canned food storage off the shelves in the basement and throwing them. After hearing a few loud BANG's I went to check it out and found my entire stock of food storage on the floor, dented and disorganized (you know how I feel about disorganization...it sends me into panic attack mode). Well, I'll just say it wasn't a pretty scene, but we got it all cleaned up and semi-organized again. I'm really hoping that this little girl coming is very calm and likes to play "blanketball" instead of more destructive games!
Your kids have all the good ideas. What are the actual drums made of? The other day, we got all of mom's dish rags and made a really nice blanket for baby. That's about all the excitement around here.
Oh I missed the barstool thing when I first read it. And it looked like drums to me. How fun.
Post a Comment