In the last month I've only tried three crock pot recipes--things have just been whirlwindish and I also have joined a group that exchanges dinners monthly, so I have been using those for dinners and the dinners from our family casserole exchange (only my own are left!) We've also had quite a few "eat-what-you-can-find-and-make-yourself" nights. My scanner is not working so I'll just type in the recipe that was good:
Taco Chili
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cans (15 oz.) petite diced garlic seasoned tomatoes
1 can (15 oz.) chili beans, undrained
1 can (15. oz.) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 envelope taco seasoning
Brown beef. Drain fat. Combine everything in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
This was so similar to Taco Soup that we all like, only easier. Half of us liked this better, half liked Taco Soup Better. But since everyone ate it, I'll go with this easier version. We served it with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
The other two recipes, Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken and Citrus-Salsa Chicken, were both the kind that you just stick the chicken in the crockpot and cover with sauce. They were okay, but I wouldn't make them again.
I was just counting how many recipes I have left to try (47!), and realized I made another recipe that we liked, and it's way easy:
Cheesy Ham and Potatoes
2 pkg. (5.5 0z. each) au gratin potato mix
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (we didn't add this but it sounds good)
3 cups water
1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place au gratin mix, ham and peppers in cooker. In large bowl, stir water and soup to combine. Pour onto potato mixture. Cover. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours.
This recipe is only as good as the potato mix you buy. We liked it, but the mix I got seemed a little salty. I grew up on packaged au gratin potato mix--I would make it as my dinner a lot growing up-but if that sounds gross to you, you probably wouldn't like the recipe.
Taco Chili
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cans (15 oz.) petite diced garlic seasoned tomatoes
1 can (15 oz.) chili beans, undrained
1 can (15. oz.) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 envelope taco seasoning
Brown beef. Drain fat. Combine everything in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
This was so similar to Taco Soup that we all like, only easier. Half of us liked this better, half liked Taco Soup Better. But since everyone ate it, I'll go with this easier version. We served it with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.
The other two recipes, Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken and Citrus-Salsa Chicken, were both the kind that you just stick the chicken in the crockpot and cover with sauce. They were okay, but I wouldn't make them again.
I was just counting how many recipes I have left to try (47!), and realized I made another recipe that we liked, and it's way easy:
Cheesy Ham and Potatoes
2 pkg. (5.5 0z. each) au gratin potato mix
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (we didn't add this but it sounds good)
3 cups water
1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place au gratin mix, ham and peppers in cooker. In large bowl, stir water and soup to combine. Pour onto potato mixture. Cover. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours.
This recipe is only as good as the potato mix you buy. We liked it, but the mix I got seemed a little salty. I grew up on packaged au gratin potato mix--I would make it as my dinner a lot growing up-but if that sounds gross to you, you probably wouldn't like the recipe.
2 comments:
These sound good, especially the ham and potatoes. I grew up on packaged au gratin potatoes too so I'm sure I would like it.
Thanks for the list of Brit lit chick flicks. I just finished Pride and Prejudice and I think I'll try Jane Eyre next. I'm intrigued after watching the trailer you posted.
Post a Comment