Fudgy Brownies

I have so many thoughts on this single recipe! I guess a list is in order:


Why are these in a healthy cookbook--430 calories a serving, 14 grams of fat? And who is going to eat just one serving?

Is there any need to improve upon plain brownies made from a box?

What's the point in doing something in a crockpot that only takes two hours? (We had to rush home from our errands last night so the brownies wouldn't burn.)

What do you do with the extra brownie mix? (The recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups of brownie mix) Of course you're going to mix it up and grab a spoon, again defeating the purpose of healthy eating.

Having said all that, they did taste pretty good. I would compare them to the Ghiaradelli Chocolate Muffins made from a box, which would be easier, and I bet less calories. Or if you're in a regular brownie mood, just mix up you're favorite box! I will admit to being a brownie snob--I only like Ghiaradelli brownies--other brands just don't have that deep, intense flavor.

By the way, I appreciate all of your comments on the Crockpot blogs, but I should warn you there are about 50 more recipes left, so I don't want you to feel like you have to comment all the time--I won't be thinking, "Why isn't anyone commenting!! Boo hoo! Nobody likes me!" or anything like that. I know it might get old, but I feel impelled to share each and every one.

I'm think I'm going to eat a brownie right now, but I have to get the crockpot out of the oven. I had a meeting here today and didn't have quite as much time to clean up as I needed, so there are several pots and pans hiding in the oven.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Reading your review has given me an uncontrollable craving for brownies. I'm going to go make some right now...from the box!

Lara said...

I want you to know that I plan to comment on each and every recipe whether I like you or NOT!!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates