I think this is a great recipe for young kids. We all love traditional baked macaroni and cheese, which is much better, but this crockpot recipe is easier, and Anna and Amy ate a lot! Jeremy did not like it at all, which is unusual for him, but I think he was expecting it to taste a bit more like our usual. It was definitely edible. And I'm sure it has a lot less calories than the baked variety which has butter and I use full-fat cheese (for this I used 1/3 less fat cheese.)
Quick Movie Review--don't waste your time on Wild Hogs. Maybe it was talked up too much for me, but I was disappointed and slightly disgusted by some of the humor. I did laugh a few times, but nothing really compares to the laughs of The Office these days. It has raised the bar for my funny bone. (And maybe lowered other standards.)
Quick Couch Potato Confession--I've been trying to watch some of the new shows, but I'm just not with-it enough to manage the DVR. Chuck was supposed to be taping tonight but wasn't, a show was too low of quality, and I have yet to watch Kid Nation with the kids. I haven't seen any of The Office because we didn't finish Season 3 in time, and then the DVR wasn't working. I did watch Biggest Loser, but FF through most of it due to boredom. I also watched last week's Chuck, which I liked--a bit corny but appealing. Has anyone watched Pushing Daisies? That one looks good to me. Anything else good that anyone has seen?
Aren't you all glad that you know every detail of my entertainment life? Not a TV show, movie, or book goes by without me blogging about it! But I just tell myself, "It's my blog, and I can write about whatever I want!" Such freedom of expression!
Quick Movie Review--don't waste your time on Wild Hogs. Maybe it was talked up too much for me, but I was disappointed and slightly disgusted by some of the humor. I did laugh a few times, but nothing really compares to the laughs of The Office these days. It has raised the bar for my funny bone. (And maybe lowered other standards.)
Quick Couch Potato Confession--I've been trying to watch some of the new shows, but I'm just not with-it enough to manage the DVR. Chuck was supposed to be taping tonight but wasn't, a show was too low of quality, and I have yet to watch Kid Nation with the kids. I haven't seen any of The Office because we didn't finish Season 3 in time, and then the DVR wasn't working. I did watch Biggest Loser, but FF through most of it due to boredom. I also watched last week's Chuck, which I liked--a bit corny but appealing. Has anyone watched Pushing Daisies? That one looks good to me. Anything else good that anyone has seen?
Aren't you all glad that you know every detail of my entertainment life? Not a TV show, movie, or book goes by without me blogging about it! But I just tell myself, "It's my blog, and I can write about whatever I want!" Such freedom of expression!
3 comments:
Great Minds Think Alike. I just finished typing my blog to read you have done the same. I taped Pushing Daisies, but have not watched it yet. I am with you on Wild Hogs. Darn it all...I had high hopes! We watched "Next" with Nicolas Cage last night. I recommend it, I think. Let me know if you want to come over and join me for the Office Season 4. Unfortunately, the DVR is in the bedroom but you're all welcome just the same.
I agree with your movie review. I wasn't all that impressed with Wild Hogs either. Pretty much the only show we watch on the major networks at night is the Office and I have to admit I fall asleep nearly every time it's on. We haven't tried any of the other shows, mostly because it's pretty much physically impossible for us to sit down to watch a show past 8:30 and actually stay awake for it. What is our problem?! The mac and cheese recipe sounds great, we'll have to give it a try.
I'm SO out of the loop. I do not watch The Office. I think it's an acquired taste. Not to mention that I don't really have time these days, and there is already so much other worthless television on all the time in this house that I enjoy a nice break in the evening after the grandparents are in bed!
Mac 'n' Cheese. Yum! I'm really craving it, especially looking at the pic! I am surprised that Jeremy of all people didn't like it, seeing as he has such a cheese tooth and all.
Post a Comment