We came, we saw, we just about died!


This morning my friend, Sara, and I hiked six miles up to the Cleveland National Forest to this Doppler radar structure (or whatever you call it). What you can't see is the big ball on top, the sweat dripping down our faces, and our swollen hands! But this is proof that we did it. What a great feeling! The hardest part for me was the six miles back--my big toes are black and blue. There was also a group of others that Sara has gone with before, sometimes a few times a week, but since I'm pretty slow, we started a half hour before them, and they still beat us back. Oh, well, you have to start somewhere. Now it's time for me to lay down and not move for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Six miles...how impressive! Good for you!

Shelley said...

I just have to point out that it was actually 12 miles all together. I'm sore today, so I need all the credit I can get!

Lara said...

So when are you going again?

Shelley said...

Maybe next Saturday, if my toes have healed!

Movies Watched in 2009

Baby Mama (B)
The Express (A)
Smallville Season 1 (A)
Smallville Season 2 (A)
August Rush (A)
Quantum of Solace (A-)
Bedtime Stories (B)
Bride Wars (B)
Marley and Me (B)
X-Men (A)
Smallville Season 3 (B+)
X2: X-Men United (A)
Made of Honor (B-)
X-Men 3: The Last Stand (C)
Gattaca (B)
The Jane Austen Book Club (C)
I Am Legend (A-)
Up (A)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (B)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (B+)
He's Just Not That Into You (B+)
Star Trek: Original Series Season 1 (B)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (B+)
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (B)
Heroes Season 1 (A)
Heroes Season 2 (A-)
Catch and Release (B)
Race to Witch Mountain (B+)
Coach Carter (A-)
Monk Season 7 (A)
Heroes Season 3 (A-)
Wolverine (A)

Archive

 

The Quibbler | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates